Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Hearty Meatloaf

I found this recipe years ago in a cookbook, but I have no idea which one it was! I just know that I love it, but I think my girls love it even more than I do. I would make it more often than I do now, but my husband HATES meatloaf! How could a person hate meatloaf?!! I don't understand.

 Here you go:

2 pounds ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove
2 medium eggs, organic preferably
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 cup ketchup
2 T. Worchestershire sauce
2 tsp. Salt
1 T. Paprika
1 tsp. Dried parsley
1 tsp. Black pepper

Glaze 
1/4 cup brown sugar, coconut sugar, or evaporated cane juice
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp dry mustard

There isn't any fancy way to mix this all together. Just mix all the ingredients together, except the glaze. Put the meat in a 9 x 13 dish. Mix the glaze ingredients together and top the meat mixture with it. Bake in a 400* preheated oven for 1 hour.

 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by the blog! I'd love for you to leave a comment!