Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Calendula Lotion

Today I made homemade calendula lotion. The recipe was quite simple. I infused olive oil with calendula petals. I previously made calendula salve for Taylor, for her eczema. This time I thought I'd turn it into lotion, so her whole body wouldn't feel so oily. I infused the oil for 5 1/2 days in my crockpot. Super easy!

3/4 cup olive oil
3T beeswax
1 cup water

#1. Melt the beeswax in the oil, in a double boiler.

#2. Add 1 cup water to food processor. (Note: I started out with everything in my 12 cup processor, then had to put the smaller bowl in because it wasn't whipping all of it.)

#3. SLOWLY add oil to the water.

It took at least 5 minutes, probably longer for the lotion to reach the consistency I wanted. At first I thought it wasn't going to work, but it did!

I added essential oils to my lotion. Lavender and Tea Tree. It's not necessary, but these are good for rashes, as well as burns.

Enjoy, I know we are!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by the blog! I'd love for you to leave a comment!