Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I'll keep praying

"We were never intended to live our faith in isolation. God and girlfriends are not just fun. They are needed. In good times. In hard times. When we are living with purpose. When we falter."

I read this devotion today and it really spoke to me. The author talks about how we need these friendships. We need someone to share our faith with, and if we don't have a friend like that to pray for one.

This is exactly what I have been doing. Sure I have several friends whom I love, and talk with. Some on a daily basis. But none of them encourage my growth with the Lord.

I had honestly never thought of praying for a friend, until I read it in a book somewhere down the road. I just always felt that if we where meant to be friends, we would be.

Now I realize that maybe praying for that certain type of friend isn't desperate of me, but what God wants for me. I mean, there is really only so much a husband wants to listen too! I have an amazing husband, but I need that "other someone" too, and I know he wants that for me too, just as I do him.

I'll keep praying.

What about you? Have you prayed for God to send a friend your way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by the blog! I'd love for you to leave a comment!